Create Crochet Patterns During Crafts Month 2017
Dear Crochet Hobbyist,
Would you like to create crochet patterns?
You don’t want to get too technical but you do want to write simple patterns. You may even want to add them to Ravelry or Craftsy.
Hi, I’m Sara or Mom with a Hook. I’ve been crocheting since my youngest was growing in my womb. ^_^
In 2008, I starting writing down what I made.
In 2013, I collaborated with a few other crochet bloggers and published Create Crochet Patterns.
In honor of Crafts (Crochet) Month in March 2017, I’m hosting a Create-A-Crochet-Pattern-A-Long.
You’ve heard of crochet-a-longs, right? Well, this is similar but instead of crocheting something together, we’ll write a pattern together. Cool, huh?
This is for you if you…
- Know how to read crochet patterns.
- Crochet at a beginner to advanced beginner level. Basically, if you know how to crochet a hat and a scarf, you’re good.
- Have access to word processing software like Word, Open Office, or even Google Docs.
- Write your own crochet patterns, but want to learn how to format them for self-publication.
This isn’t for you if…
- You want to design detailed patterns. In other words, multiple sized garments, fitted garments, tapestry crochet, or graphic designs.
- You want to learn how to use software for pattern design.
- You want to learn how to submit your patterns to media publications.
Write a Crochet Pattern with Us
Click below to access the Facebook Group + Download the Create Crochet Patterns eBook.