I’m Sara (Mom with a hook), I’ve been blogging since 2007, writing online since 2005 and crocheting since 1999.
Crochet Business Blog features information on how to use blogging as a way to connect with your readers and customers as well as earning a part-time income.
Products by Crochet Business:
- Hooking for Cash (Now Crochet Business Blogging) first released in March 2012.
- Create Crochet Patterns released in late 2013. It is a collaborative project with 5 crochet blogger/designers.
Never miss a post – subscribe to Crochet Business Ezine
Connect with Crochet Business Online:
My Crochet Story
Back when I was pregnant with my youngest son (1999) I said a little prayer to God. I desperately wanted to be able to stay home with him instead of working outside the home. I asked God for a gift – any gift that would help me with this goal.
My husband paid for some crochet lessons and before long, I was crocheting everyday.
I toyed around with selling my crochet by opening up an Etsy shop in 2007 eventually designing and selling patterns.
I retired from selling in 2010 to concentrate on writing.
Looking for Etsy Store Advice?
- 5 Mistakes You’re Making with Your Etsy Shop and How to Fix Them guest post by Jess Van Den of CreateandThrive.com
- Thinking of Closing Your Etsy Shop? Read This First
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Opening an Etsy Shop guest post by Michelle Gallagher of CraftAssistant.com
Looking for Pricing Crochet Advice?
Looking to Start a Crochet Blog?
- Hooking for Cash 101 - The original 31 Days of Crochet Business Blogging Challenge
- Installing WordPress on a Self-Hosted Site
- Choosing a Webhost for Your Blog
Sedruola Maruska’s book Pricing Crochet Fairly for Maximum Profit is an excellent resource. She also does private and group coaching.
For basic information on how to run a craft business I highly recommend Craft Business Power by Jeff G. and Cinnamon Miles of Liberty Jane Clothing – Read my Review
I look forward to watching your crochet blog grow.