I’m Sara (Momwithahook), I’ve been blogging since 2007, writing online since 2005 and crocheting since 1999.
Crochet Business Blog features information on how to use blogging as a way to connect with your readers and customers. (more on the purpose behind this blog)
Get all my tips for blogging, mailing lists, and selling more crochet! Delivered each Sunday.
Products by Crochet Business:
- Hooking for Cash was first released in March 2012.
- Create Crochet Patterns was released in late 2013. It is a collaborative project with 5 crochet blogger/designers.
Never miss a post – subscribe to Crochet Business Ezine
Connect with Crochet Business Online:
My Crochet Story
Back when I was pregnant with my youngest son I said a little prayer to God. I desperately wanted to be able to stay home with him instead of working outside the home. I asked God for a gift – any gift that would help me with this goal.
My husband paid for some crochet lessons and before I knew it, I was crocheting everyday.
I toyed around with selling my crochet by opening up an Etsy shop in 2007 eventually designing and selling patterns.
I retired from selling in 2010 to concentrate on writing. (Plus I was getting no where in selling crochet for a profit. I fell into the trap of underselling my work.)
Writing is what I enjoy doing. This blog is how I share what I learn about blogging and selling crochet. My hearts desire is to see thriving independent crochet businesses.
I believe it is possible to earn with crocheting. I also believe in hard work and multiple streams of income.
A crochet business is like an investment portfolio. You want to invest in multiple ‘stocks‘ or revenue streams to have a sustainable business. (A Must Read: Craft Business Power by Jeff G. and Cinnamon Miles of Liberty Jane Clothing)
I look forward to watching your crochet business grow.
Looking for Etsy Store Advice?
- Craft Monkey for Etsy Shop Owners
- 5 Mistakes You’re Making with Your Etsy Shop and How to Fix Them guest post by Jess Van Den of CreateandThrive.com
- Thinking of Closing Your Etsy Shop? Read This First
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Opening an Etsy Shop guest post by Michelle Gallagher of CraftAssistant.com
I suggest Handmadeology.com or LaunchGrowJoy. com
Looking for Pricing Crochet Advice?
Sedruola Maruska’s book Pricing Crochet Fairly for Maximum Profit is an excellent resource.