Crochet Business Blog’s Latest Interview with Knit Till Death
|Pixie Moon Hat $25.00|
Did you set out to make money with crochet or was it an afterthought? How did you get started?
I didn’t start out wanting to make money. I’ve crocheted since I was eight. My mother would always make doily’s so I wanted to learn. For many years I made scarves, hats, and blankets.
25 years later I got pregnant with my son Sterling. We took photos and his photographer Tina Doane from Barefoot photography loved my crocheting and knitting. We then started working with each other and that is when my business Knit Till Death started.
What is the main income stream from your crochet?
I sell many products like scarves, hats, cowls and headbands on my Facebook page Knit till Death and my second stream is Etsy.
How do you market your crochet business and/or crochet blog?
I just share my work in photos online, post on Etsy, blog about my work, and share on twitter and facebook.
How long was it until you really saw your financial goals being met?
About 2 years.
|Hooty Owl $25.00|
Any advice you’d give someone new to starting a crochet business?
Don’t give up. Keep your goal in mind and keep working towards new creations. Stay connected to your readers and your buyers.
About Knit Till Death:
In my shop you can find a variety of beautiful creations, from hats, scarves, cowls, shawls, booties, new born props, hair bows, and head bands. I love taking custom orders too. I use lots of different yarn, beads, feathers and anything I can mix in my work to give a beautiful unique look.
A Hoot of a Giveaway:
Knit Till Death is giving away her Hoot Owl Crochet Hat to one special Crochet Business Blog reader. Will it be you?
Winner: Kristen Fine
- Head on over to her website, have a look at all her gorgeous creations, pick just two and come back and let us know in the comments why you chose those two. (10 entries)
- You can also Tweet about the giveaway for an additional entry
- Ends 12/12/2013 @ 12am PST
- You must leave valid contact information so Knit Till Death can send you your prize. Please let her know whether your hat is for a girl or a boy.
- Enter via the Rafflecopter below for the entries to count