Tweet my Bell
Twitter is an online community much like a blog however you only get 140 characters to share what you want. Twitter is fast paced and is used by many who use mobile devices like iPad, Netbooks, and Cellphones.
You need Twitter for your crochet business blog to quickly tell your followers about new blog posts or products. It also helps you in providing timely customer service.
There are a number of ways to interact using Twitter here are just a few:
- Reply to Tweets
- Participate in a Twitter Chat
- Use hashtags “#keyword” i.e. #crochet
- Talk directly to someone or mention someone with the “@” sign. i.e. @momwithahook
3 Tips to Help You Manage Time on Twitter:
- Schedule your tweets through a service like Hootsuite.com
- Organize your followers using Lists
- Set a timer so you don’t spend too much time (15 minutes)
If you don’t have a twitter account, go open one now. Use a keyword as your username or the name of your blog. People are more likely to interact with you if you use your name or a name that identifies you or your blog.
I schedule my tweets via HootSuite.com. I post 4 tweets per day. A crochet blog post, an article I’ve written, a free crochet pattern and something from someone I’m following. As I schedule the posts I use this worksheet to check off that I’ve scheduled it. I try to post 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.
Are You Just Joining Us? Here is What You Missed:
- Lesson 1: Choosing Your Money Maker & Setting Your Goals
- Lesson 2: Find Your Identity and Spruce Up Your About Me page
- Lesson 3: Choose a Form and Add it to Your Blog
- Lesson 4: Choose One Money Maker
- Lesson 5: Burn Your RSS Feed with Feedburner
- Lesson 6: Setup Google Analytics for Your Crochet Blog
- Lesson 7: Setup Google Alerts
- Lesson 8: Setup an eMail list either on Mailchimp or aWeber
- Lesson 9: Create and Use a Blogging Calendar
- Lesson 10: Create a Valuable Thank You Gift for Your Subscribers
- Lesson 11: Add Categories and Tags to Your Blog
- Lesson 12: Sign up for Twitter Using your Blog Name or Real Name (You Are Here)