Today I was able to interview Sheryl of Noadi.Etsy.com. I mentioned her articles about packaging handmade jewelry in the post “5 Handmade Packaging Considerations“. I thought hearing her tips first hand would be beneficial for those of you considering a craft show.
Key Takeaways From the Interview
- Brand Your Packaging – make it match your product
- Choose Shows Wisely – make sure your target market will be there
- Take Credit Cards – Sheryl shared that during her last show the ATM machine ran out of money. She was saved because she took credit cards via the Square. She also answered my concerns about protecting customers information. (based on her experience.)
- Stick with It – Sheryl started about 5 years ago. In the beginning she was getting about 5 orders a month but this past holiday season she had over 60 orders.
- Invite Your Customers to Become Fans – in the interview I did with Evelyn and her QR Stone, it is smart business to connect with your customers NOW instead of later. Sheryl added the QR code to her packaging and she has it on her booth. Get your customers to become fans of your work even if they don’t buy anything right then, they might in the future.
- Connect and Engage – Sheryl says most of her networking comes from her social marketing. She is active on Facebook and Twitter. You want your customers to be your friends.
Connect with Sheryl online and be sure to read her blog as she has lots of great handmade business tips.