As a crochet blogger you will need a number of banners for advertising. You’ll also need banners for blog link ups, blog series, and other special blog related projects. You can make the banners yourself, use a banner generator or hire a graphic designer.
Make Your Own Graphics
You can try your hand at designing your own graphics with Gimp Graphics or with PhotoShop. Photoshop will cost you a bit of money but Gimp Graphics is a free open source software you can download. Both have learning curves but once you get past that you can make all the graphics necessary for your blog.
- How to Nest for Less has a 150 x 150 tutorial for Photoshop users.
- Oikology shows you how to make your button and include grab code for blogger.
- Banner Generator is a site where you can use their backgrounds, add your text and get a banner.
Hire a designer
You can hire a designer to make your banners for you. There are some economical designers out there that will make blog buttons and banners for under $20.
- Simple & Unique Blogger has headers and buttons for $5.
- has grab buttons for $12.
- PlumRoseLane on Etsy has custom banners with grab code for $25.95
Where to Advertise Your Blog
You can pay for advertising on various blogs and sites that cater to your desired market. Some are fairly reasonably priced. You can also swap ads with other blogs or you might even advertise via various newsletters.
- CrochetnCrafts has advertising from $4 – $20
- Crochet Concupiscence has advertising rates from $5 – $60
- Project Wonderful is a site where you can have advertisers bid on your ad space
- Hookey.org, a crochet forum, has ads ranging from $10 – $60 with paid members receiving a 20% discount.
- Crochetville a crochet forum has banner ads at $3 CPM (per 1,000 impressions)