The first week of 2014 has been a busy one hasn’t it?
You learned about setting goals, inspiring and believing in your dreams, and kicking fear and negativity to the curb.
Wow! That’s a lot to take in.
Today you will add one more tool to your kit and then tomorrow you will put it all together in a 2-hour a day work schedule. Don’t believe you can do it all in 2 hours? Just wait, you’ll surprise yourself.
Commenting on Other Crochet Blogs
Today is the weekly crochet bloggers comment-a-thon inspired by Blogelina. (another one of those durn affiliate links but trust me You’ll love her blog – lots of good stuff for those new to blogging.) Her comment-a-thons are big. They take about a week and have hundreds of participants. Wouldn’t it be stellar to have this for Crochet Bloggers?
Here is the Linky for the Comment-a-thon so head on over and add the url to today’s post. Once you’re done with that, visit crochet bloggers and spend some time reading and commenting. Get to know others in your niche. Grow friendships.
7 Strategies for Growing Community on Your Blog by ProBlogger.net (Darren Rowse)
Yesterday I was reminded of Darren’s Problogger blog when I popped into the Twitter BlogChat. This is a weekly chat with great blogging advice if you’d like to join in on Sundays 8 – 9 pm CT.) The above post is a great read for those looking to grow their community.
This blog challenge is inspired by ProBlogger’s original 31 Days to Build a Better Blog. (my lovely affiliate link if you’d like to purchase the book) You probably know I’m a Fangirl of Michelle Shaeffer and her Ultimate Blog Challenge but Problogger was her inspiration as well. (31 Days Blog Challenge)
Those should hold you over for a while. You can always pin the posts to a PinBoard on Pinterest (Reading List) and get to it when you have time.
A couple of things to note: (all are optional)
- Comments are welcome and encouraged
- Visit the FB group and add your post for the day to the pinned post if you’d like to receive at least 2-comments on your post.
- Join the Crochet Business Blogger G+ Community
- Community Event: Comment-a-thon Linky
- Add your blog url to the #31CBBC linky (not the post url) – this will help you identify who is participating
- As you are visiting other bloggers, take note of any similarities you have or complimentary projects/services you have. This is a great time to jot down the blog name and get to know the blogger behind the blog.
- Don’t stress on writing a post each day. A picture with your thoughts, a video, a top 5 list, or simply a quote on why you like crochet all counts as a post.
P.S. Someone pointed out to me that I wasn’t adding gifts to the blog. (not all people are signed up for the emails) I am, just not in the post. If you look on the right sidebar you’ll see a section entitled “Don’t Forget: Gifts from Me” – those are the gifts.
I will change that starting now. Just in case you missed the first 5 (plus today’s) gifts here is a roundup:
- 365 Crochet Blog Writing Prompts
- Start Your Day Off ‘Like a Boss’ aka 3 Quick Tips to Start Your Day Off Right by Chris Cade
- Achieving Your Dreams Without Fear by Chris Cade
- by Michelle Shaeffer
Latest posts by Sara_Va (see all)
- 10 Fantastically Free Yarn Giveaways January 2014 - January 29, 2014
- Automate Your List: An Introduction to Autoresponders - January 28, 2014
- Email Lists 101: Adding the Sign Up Form to Your Blog - January 26, 2014